If you’re 65 or older and have been diagnosed with prediabetes, the Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (Medicare DPP), offered by Reset Health Coaching, can help you make lasting changes to prevent type 2 diabetes and improve overall health. The program is free if you are enrolled in Medicare Part B.
This 1-year program is clinically-proven to help you LOSE WEIGHT and cut the risk of developing diabetes by 58% (71% for people older than age 60).
What Is Prediabetes?
Prediabetes is a health condition marked by blood glucose levels that are higher than normal but not high enough to be diagnosed as type 2 diabetes. More than 84 million American adults—or 1 in 3—are estimated to have prediabetes, and 9 in 10 people with prediabetes don’t know they have it.
Prediabetes can lead to heart disease and stroke, and without intervention, many people with prediabetes will go on to develop type 2 diabetes.
Prediabetes is defined by one of the following measures:
* Hemoglobin A1C of 5.7% to 6.4% or
* Fasting plasma glucose of 100 to 125 mg/dL or
* Plasma glucose measured 2 hours after a 75 gm glucose load of 140 to 199 mg/dL.
What Is the National DPP Lifestyle Change Program?
The National DPP lifestyle change program:
* Is a 1-year group program offered in person, online, or through a combination of both approaches. It consists of:
► An initial 6-month phase with at least 16 weekly sessions offered over a period of 16 to 24 weeks.
► A second 6-month phase with at least 1 session a month (minimum of 6 sessions).
* Is taught by a trained lifestyle coach.
* Uses a CDC-approved curriculum.
* Includes regular interactions between the lifestyle coach and participants.
* Focuses on behavior change to improve healthy eating, increase physical activity, and manage stress.
* Provides peer support.
How is the Reset Health Coaching program different?
Just like all CDC DPP providers, we help participants to moderately increase activity, reduce stress and eat healthy.
To find out if this program is right for you or someone you care about, give us a call or text us at (512) 736-4664.